4/29/09

No Such Thing as Surplus Cupcakes At College

So this morning I had my calc final (ehh) and then I had my theater final this afternoon. For those who are unaware I am one of nine lucky people in the most fabulously easy fine art/english credit classes at USC: From Page to Stage. My professor has a distinct dislike of grading things, and he really just gives everyone who participates an A anyway, so he decided it would be lovely to have a picnic for a final.

When we were all deciding who was going to bring what, I volunteered to provide cupcakes. I figured, it'll be easier to know how many to get, no one will need forks or anything, and everyone seemed in favor of the cupcakes. I will now admit a secret that I'm sure you will all hate me for: I don't actually like most cupcakes. Store bought icing tastes nasty to me (I really just can't eat it) and they get your fingers all sticky. I don't like store bought cake either, but you get the point. I knew I wasn't going to eat any of them.

As it turns out, almost everyone in the class feels the same way about cupcakes that I do. Only one cupcake got eaten at the picnic: the professor brought his wife and kids and Toby, the four-year-old son licked the icing off of one. So there I am with all these cupcakes to get rid of. I had given one to my advisor Dr. Morgan earlier in the day and one to my friend Amanda, because she had two finals today, and one to my roomie Sam. I had 14 cupcakes to get rid of, and I needed to do it soon because the blue icing was melting and the sprinkles weren't faring well either.

There is no such thing as surplus cupcakes in a college dorm during finals week. Two went to Shannon and some guy who was studying in her room (thanks!) and then I handed off three to Reggie who looked like he might hug me for giving them to him. Cameron, Ed, Morgan, and Andrea took another four off my hands. The last bunch went to a group of guys playing Halo in Stephen's room. Yes! I'm cupcake free! Sorry for anyone who didn't get one, they kinda flew out of my hands...

Time to take a nap at the desk of...

2 comments:

  1. never knew this about you and cupcakes or cakes in general. guess I won't buy you a cake when you come home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I really don't like store bought icing...there's always way too much of it...that's why I never take a corner piece.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, feel free to give me any comments, concerns, or questions. Love to here 'em. Witty responses get bonus points.