4/7/09

My mommy would be so proud of me!

So Sam got this cute new black top from I-don't-know-where, but the straps were too long. So it was a tad bit too revealing. Scandalous!

So she decided she could just shorten them a bit. She has a sewing kit; should be easy-peasy right? well not if your private school education deprived you of the fun life-experience of Home Ed class.

That's where I come in...whatever middle school I was attending in 7th grade (I know it was in IN, and I think it was called Carmel Clay Junior High) decided that as part of my public education I should be aware of how to cook and sew. *trumpet fanfare* Thank goodness for Sam that I once learned how to make a plushy platypus. (Sidenote: it was made out of plaid flannel so it was a Plaid-ypus. hahaha).

So to make a long story short, I was able to shorten the straps for her, with this ingenius idea of coiling the braided rope straps into little swirls on the back, so you can't even tell anything was done. Plus I did a really good job of hiding the silver thread she gave me to use. So Sam's shirt is perfectly non-scandalous, and I get to end the day on a happy note!

6 comments:

  1. just testing the new comment settings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now thanks to your grade seven class, I'm deprived of seeing the scandalous top!

    Sigh!

    But I bet Sam was happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud---mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for public education! we can't read, but we know how to sew. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I should make it clear that when I said the top was too revealing and scandalous, I was mostly joking. It was just a little too low. And when I talked about my public school education providing me with home ed, that is making fun of public education. I see no real need for these classes for 75% of students, and everyone knows that I do not seriously disrespect private education.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, feel free to give me any comments, concerns, or questions. Love to here 'em. Witty responses get bonus points.