2/5/09

A Post about Posting


Yes, yes, I realize I posted less than five minutes ago, but this will sort of make up for my absense of almost a week a few days ago.

I have not been a serious blogger for very long. Oh sure, everyone gets one in middle school, realizes they have nothing to say, and forgets about it a month later. This is really my first serious attempt at a true blog. I have two followers, I don't know either of them, I'm fairly certain they don't actually read my blog, and that's kind of depressing. On the other hand, I have not given anyone very much time to find and become interested in my blog. I have a totally of 127 visitors to date, which is almost 4 a day, which is good.

What I'm getting at is that I'm fairly certain very few to zero people read my blog. It's ok, I'm fine with that (for now). I understand that I'm not offering anything special here. My blog is not in a foreign language, although I do speak french. I do not discuss any experiences in a foreign country, although I will this summer. Watch out France, Here I Come! is a series which will begin in late May. This series will become Allo from France starting May 29 and ending July 3rd. For anyone who cares.

Back to my topic, I'm not sharing any awesome photography or amazing revelations about art, literature, or culture. I'm a science kid. I'm also only a freshman in college. So I don't have any stories of super human motherly powers saving a soccer jersey from total ruin, I don't have cute pet stories (fish don't do much), and I don't know anyone with cancer (but I do know a girl who had brain surgery when she was like 12). I also can't share any fascinating new scientific discoveries. I'm only a freshman after all, even if I am in Honors Organic Chemistry II.

So I don't really have a niche. I just write about whatever comes to mind. That's not really rare on the internet.

So from now on I will be working in series. This will give my topics a bit more of a baseline for people to follow. I will also be adding pictures to all my posts from now on. All the cool Blogs of Note do it. And I will be adding a random tidbit of information.

Today's Picture at the top of the screen is of a type of orchid called Lady's Slippers, because they look like little fairy shoes. Picture taken during our family vacation to Canada this past summer.

Today's Random Tidbit: Saponification means the making of soap.

Look for tomorrow's post as we start the series SCHC 366Q!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm passing along the letter "h" for the letter game. Have fun, Jackie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, feel free to give me any comments, concerns, or questions. Love to here 'em. Witty responses get bonus points.