1/19/09

My MLK Day

So of course today was Martin Luther King Day here in the US (because who else would bother?) and like everyone else, I had the day off. I would never have thought to bring curtains to college, but Sam did; we have lime green sheers and navy cotton ones that sort-of act as dark outs (to match the bedding). Sam is very color-oriented and and overall decorative person. Over our futon she hung three battery-run chinese lanterns for no reason that's apparent to me. Anyway back to the curtains. So I never used to close the curtains at all because the rod falls down very very easily and it was easier to just close the blinds and leave the curtains as is. Well the sun pours in through the blinds as if they're not even there, and 90% of the time, this doesn't bother me. I have to get up decently early in the morning anyway so it doesn't matter. Well the other night there were so many lights and cars and I don't know what else outside our window that the room was just too light for me to sleep. And I'm talking about with the blinds closed. So I decided to see if closing our curtains would help it all. It did help. Alot. Now, every time I close the curtains before bed (I've done like three times now) I end up sleeping in really late. Normally I can't sleep beyond 10:00. It just won't happen. But the past few times I've had the curtains closed, I've slept until 12:30. I think normally the sun coming in the room sends a signal to my brain that says, Hey It's Daytime! You shouldn't be sleeping anymore! But now, with the curtains closed, my brain is not getting that signal. It's very weird. The moral of this story is that I will not be closing the curtains tonight because I have class tomorrow.

I did get a lot of work done today. I sat down and did all my french homework in one sitting, reviewed the last three acts of Othello (although maybe not as well as I should have), and will be subbing for a girl in the Garnet Band on saturday. Oh and I tried a grilled cheese with tomatoes. It was pretty good. Haven't checked my phone all day and it's probably almost out of battery. It's still cold here too. On the plus side I have my study abroad appointment tomorrow, I realized I know someone going on the same study abroad as I am, and I'm fairly certain I don't have chemistry lab tomorrow. Yay!! Plus it's only 11:40ish so I still have time to read more Count of Monte Cristo if I want. So that's what's happening from the desk of

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to give me any comments, concerns, or questions. Love to here 'em. Witty responses get bonus points.