1/20/09

A Few Thoughts on the Inauguration

Congratulations, Mr. President. God Bless the United States of America.

For anything that anyone could ever say against Barack Obama, no one can deny that he is a wonderful speech giver. I loved his speech; if you haven't watched it, you should go find it online. It really is very good. Now of course, his little fumble on the Oath of Office was slightly funny, but I won't hold it against him. I would have been so nervous I wouldn't have been able to speak at all.

I find it very interesting what everyone chooses to wear. I felt Obama's outfit was extremely well chosen. Dark Navy suit (not black which is his signature) with the crisp white shirt makes the bold red tie stand out. The red tie, in my opinion, was a symbol of strength. The red, white, and blue color scheme befits the occasion and his little gold flag pin was a nice, if overused, touch. His wife's light gold outfit was quite chic and his children were also quite well dressed. George Bush looked very dignified, contrary to his usual.

Those are my thoughts. Love 'em or hate 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to give me any comments, concerns, or questions. Love to here 'em. Witty responses get bonus points.