1/17/09

End of the Day Update

I'm checking in on my new blog and quite surprised to see 12 people have visited my site. That's way more than I ever expected, so yay! Anyhow, I didn't accomplish much in the way of homework or laundry or anything; however, I did start The Count of Monte Cristo, which is excellent. I devored somewhere around 150 in an hour or so, and I could have read more. I chose to read in the study room though, which is where everyone was playing cards. So then everyone left to watch the Matrix and I really didn't feel like watching it. Not long after that though I was interrupted by this guy on my hall (I have to be honest, I don't know his name but I should) who was looking for people to try his new Tarot cards on. Now I've never had my Tarot cards read and I assure you I know next to nothing about the whole thing, so I was mildly curious and acquiesced.
It was an interesting experience to say the least. Nothing stood out as completely off-base or really incredibly wrong. It was all more or less accurate, in a very vague general sort of way. It was mostly interesting to listen to him tell me what the different cards meant and what the combinations of different things represented. He said that his interpretation was a little unorthodox, but I really didn't notice anything as standing out as weird. But that's not saying much considering I thought the whole "reading" was just sort of strange. Not necessarily in a bad way, just not something I'm used to coming across in my general existance.
Anyway, I hate how cold it is right now and I've got the heat cranked in our room. I've only left Maxcy three times today. Once to check my mail, once to get lunch, and once to get dinner. It's really dry too, and my legs are super itchy. My lotion is not doing enough and I'm trying to get to the end of my bottle of Bath and Body Coconut Lime Verbena, so I can move on to my next bottle of lotion; Jergens Naturals Hydrate which contains jojoba oil, agave & cactus extracts. I know, fascinating, right? I had a wonderful idea. Just now. Tomorrow I am going to make you a list. Anyone who has every even heard of Oprah knows about her My Favorite Things Show, where she makes up this list of really great products and usually at least one book and something really really awesome like an ipod or a computer or something. I am going to make you a list of My Favorite Things. And it will be way better than any list Oprah has ever made, except you won't all get a free bag with a sample of everything. Sorry. So stayed tune to the desk of

Jackie

1 comment:

  1. I have come here from Mr. Barry's blog.

    I have read some of your posts and would like to revisit.

    If you like reading short stories from an Indian writer, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

    Naval Langa
    SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA
    PAINTINGS GALLERIES

    Another Interesting Blog
    BIG CITIES OF INDIA

    ReplyDelete

Hey, feel free to give me any comments, concerns, or questions. Love to here 'em. Witty responses get bonus points.