1/29/09

A Delightful Story of Success

For those of you who are not aware of my current class schedule, I am one of many victims of the Vector Calculus Massacre. They lure us all into a room with the promise of credit hours, and then kill us one by one. It's a simple mechanism really. They use "homework" and "quizzes" to distract us while they slowly suck out our souls.

During one such torture session today, our normal demon was out for the week, and we were greeted with that eerie friendliness common to graduate students, also known as "Phase II: the Victims become the Torturers". Our homework for chapter 12.6 having been especially difficult, many 0f us had come ready with questions, our only defense. While I struggled to stay awake through the first section of the class, 'Dan' walked us through every minutia of several excruciatingly easy problems. Finally we got to the grand daddy of them all, Number 23. Unable to reconcile our limited abilities to figure it out ourselves with his limited abilities to teach it to us, 'Dan' put the book's answer on the board. Reggie, one of my intellectual peers, and I puzzled over the book's methods until a beautiful light went off somewhere in my head.

Racing against some unknown clock, I worked with the frantic drive of a mad scientist who has found a secret formula. Finally, raising my head in triumph I could not stop myself from declaring, "I've got it!" There is simply no better feeling. I showed Reggie my work and he agreed; my answer matched that on the projection screen. I had won. Grinning from the desk of

Jackie

1 comment:

  1. terrific and nice blog,i am inviting you to have a visit on my blog.

    Regards,
    http://waqarabro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey, feel free to give me any comments, concerns, or questions. Love to here 'em. Witty responses get bonus points.