3/28/09

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic

I am the bearer of bad news.

My beautiful, beloved computer is in a coma.

After finishing wasting some time on it, I was cleaning out my backpack. I put a book that we had just finished in class on the shelf. This shelf is notoriously badly balanced. Well, the whole lot of books fell over, knocking a cup of water down. You can imagine the devastation that followed.

I did all the right things. I unplugged everything, moved the computer and my camera away from the spill. (the camera is completely unharmed). I dried with towels. I held it upside down while I cried. I used a blowdryer on the lowest setting and very gently dried it. I did all the right things.

But it won't come on.

I can't tell you how incredibly sad this makes me feel. Devastated isn't a strong enough word for how disappointed I am in myself.

Luckily, I have a warranty that covers accidental damage, such as spilling water on your computer. I also have StudentBackup, a service which protects my documents. But I will probably lose all my music and pictures, among other things. My computer will get sent away to be fixed, so there's that. And I don't have any papers or anything. I actually only have two classes that require me to use the computer at all.

For now, I am a slave to the computer labs of campus. Obviously, my posts will be much more irregular, so I hope you'll forgive me, but that's life. You can still leave me suggestions for the layout which I got 90% finished, just know that your suggestions won't go into effect as quickly.

Oh and you want to know God's response to all this? I got a leftover fortune cookie from my friends' chinese take-out and it read:

You would do well in the field of computer technology.

The Big Man Upstairs has a sick sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to give me any comments, concerns, or questions. Love to here 'em. Witty responses get bonus points.