6/5/09

Lots of Info: Part 2

There's tons to fill you in on so I broke it up into parts. This part will focus on classes.

All of my classes here are language intensive, which means I focus on improving my french skills versus fulfilling general ed requirements for USC.

I placed into B2 (highest of the intermediate levels) which is a 6 or 7 out of 9 on the old system. So I'm fairly high up there I guess. I don't know and I don't really care. The class isn't too hard and it seems to be a pretty good fit so we're good.

Monday through Friday I have french language class for three hours in the morning which is mostly grammar. yuck. The afternoons are all different.

Monday I have a two hour lunch break (facebook anyone?) followed by atelier, which is more or less a recitation class for french language, then an hour break, followed up by civilisation which is a culture class. Haven't had one yet but it should be good. Tuesday is a full day. Only one hour lunch followed by civi, recitation for my oral expression class, oral expression class (way fun we spend the whole time working on prononciation and inflection etc), and ending with art history which should be cool. Wednesday I just have literature in the afternoon, which is sooooo boring. Normally I do well in lit classes and am semi-interested in them. This one is just boring. Don't know. Thursday it's oral expression and recitation. Friday I have nothing in the afternoons. Woohoo!

There are only 10 people in my class. About 6 of us are students (3 from USC, an italian, a spaniard, and a girl from Illinois) in college. There are 3 adults who are going back to school and there's an older canadian woman who is just doing french because she's bored. I don't like this woman very much because she kind of hogs the teacher's attention which is sort of annoying. Ugh.

Not sure if there's anything else to say about classes....Hm ok moving on. Please continue reading through part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to give me any comments, concerns, or questions. Love to here 'em. Witty responses get bonus points.