6/15/11

Bits and Pieces

Haribo gummy bears are very popular here. They have more varieties of gummy candies than I knew existed. Tonight I decided to try a bag of Original Happy Cola and now my whole room smells like soda. Pretty good though, and my room could smell worse for sure.

There seems to be a hose trend here. I've seen several girls walking around or on the train or something wearing black hose with a) shorts of lengths varying from hot pants to bermudas or b) a skirt or dress so short it could not possibly be covering everything it needs to. I'm not talking leggings or tights here, I'm talking about old fashioned black hose. It's not really an attractive look. And the girls who tend to be wearing this trend are not the super skinny wannebe models who are prone to wearing outrageous clothing; it's the girls with a lot of junk in the trunk if you know what I mean. I really want to walk up to them and explain that wearing shorter skirts is not going to get them the kind of attention they want. And Hosiery Should Never Be Used As A Substitute For Pants!

My love of Kinder chocolate has extended from Kinder Bueno to Kinder Riegel bars as well. Mmmm.

Everyone here eats their french fries with mayo instead of ketchup. I know people in the US who do this, but it's not really "normal". Really I could go either way. Ketchup or mayo, or nothing, it really doesn't affect my love of french fries.

You know how on plastic drink bottles they have the extra piece of plastic below the cap? And normally it breaks off when you open it the first time (or sometimes it stays attached and just slides off with the cap)? They're different here. They have the same piece of plastic attached to the cap, but it stays attached. It breaks about halfway around (thus allowing you to remove the cap) but it stays attached to the cap. Still not used to it.

Also, the high here is still only about 75 degrees. We've had one or two days where it got up to 80, but that's about it so far.

A lovely sunset out my bedroom window!



1 comment:

  1. Yeah i hate the little piece of plastic on the bottle lids here. They just kind of flop around all in the way and they're really hard to tear off. I actually know one store that sells soda in bottles like the ones in America and i always try to get my coke there.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, feel free to give me any comments, concerns, or questions. Love to here 'em. Witty responses get bonus points.