1/23/10

Interview Oopsies

K, so I went to the Career Center and picked up (and took home) a copy of "Job Choices 2010: For Science Engineering & Technology Students" (published by www.jobweb.com) from their lobby. This morning I was perusing the obligatory article on interviewing. Every career success magazine has one and they all say the same thing. Be on time; dress to impress, but be conservative; answer questions honestly but positively, etc. What made them unusual was their inclusion of a half page section entitled "What were they thinking?" They are simply too funny so I felt I had to share. Real employers told jobweb.com that real job seekers:


  • came a day late for their interview
  • asked the interviewer for a date
  • talked on their cell phone in the middle of the interview
  • wore a prom dress to the interview
  • wore a sequined suit with a gold cowboy hat 
  • brought their lunch and ate it during the interview
  • told the interviewer that they were only there "for practice"
And this one's a jewel:
  • told the interviewer: "Times being what they are, I can't be too particular, so I'm interviewing with you." 

Please don't be one of these people! 


Again, I didn't come up with these, so check out www.jobweb.com for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, feel free to give me any comments, concerns, or questions. Love to here 'em. Witty responses get bonus points.